Under the ISPS Code, there is a minimum security certification requirement for anyone who is working onboard or frequenting a vessel often. This fully online, ISPS Code compliant, MCA Approved (STCW & ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) Course is the mandatory, minimum training requirement under STCW ISPS for members of a Superyacht, Motor Yacht or Mega Yacht’s Crew or Staff, who do not have assigned designated security duties on board the vessel. The course will provide the Learner with the information required to complete the required instruction under STCW, the MNTB KUPs, IMO Model Course 3.27, and the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA). For information on the course Awarding Body and Certification, please view the Certifications Tab.
- 100% Online Course & Assessments
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) Approved (in conjunction with a trusted partner and MCA Approved Training Provider)
- Fully STCW ISPS Recognised Course
- This course is IMO Whitelisted
- Flexible learning at your own pace
- A working knowledge of Maritime Security Terms and Definitions, including those that relate to Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- An understanding of International Maritime Security Policy.
- An understanding of the Maritime Security (MARSEC) Levels and their impact on security measures and procedures aboard ship and in port facilities.
- How to report a security incident.
- An understanding of security-related contingency plans.
- How to recognise security threats, including Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- How to recognise weapons, dangerous substances and devices and an understanding of the damage they can cause.
- The importance of information security with regards to Sensitive Security-Related Information (SSRI) and Communications.
- An understanding of the importance of security related drills and exercises including those relating to Anti-Piracy and Anti -Armed Robbery.